Lomi Lomi (Workshop)
Explore the world of Hawiian Massage
‘Lomi Lomi’ means ‘to rub or to knead’ in the Hawaiian (Polynesian) language and it is a beautiful form of body work which is energetically vibrant yet deeply relaxing. It is a full body oil based massage in which the practitioner uses hands and forearms in long fluid strokes of varying intensity and rhythm up, down and around the body.
The massage has a unique flowing style, which is deep tissue in nature, working to nurture the body as well as to release tension and
relieve strain. ‘Lomi Lomi’ also balances the mind emotionally thereby providing a safe space for you to empower yourself to deal
effectively with life’s challenges.
The Introductory to Lomi Lomi Workshop is designed for people who work in the massage industry and are interested in the physical, emotional and spiritual dimensions of massage and exploring alternative modalities of treatment.
Within this two (2) day workshop you will be able to:
- Have a strong understanding of the 7 Principles of Huna Philosophy and their relationship to physical, emotional and spiritual well being
- Demonstrate Huna dance movements for the duck dance, flying and albatross dance and practice the ‘Ha Breath’, Heart Meditation and Aloha Chanting in preparation for Lomi Lomi Massage
- Assess client needs, plan and negotiate treatment plan prior to Lomi Lomi Massage.
- Deliver a full body Lomi Lomi Massage integrating dance movements as adapted to massaging technique to include full body strokes and underbody work
This workshop will include more traditional, energetic and meditative concepts that work on the calming and focussing both the client and therapist. It is important that you are willing to be open to engaging in these preparatory practices with an open heart and mind. Looking forward to seeing you on the day.
- Location: 263 Maroondah Hwy, Ringwood, Victoria, 3134
- Duration: Two (2) Days; 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Dates: TBA
- Cost: $280
- PE Points (AAMT): 20 points
- Seats: Only 12 Seats Available – please book early