Nutrition Workshops Online
Further your knowledge through an indepth workshop in Nutrition for the Health Professional
ACFB’s Nutrition for the Health Professional workshop is aimed at health and fitness professionals who want to work with clients to assist improving health through various means eg) personal trainers, group exercise instructors, massage therapists, myotherapists online. This course may also be relevant to an individual who is interested in nutrition for their own personal knowledge and application.
Through this workshop we will cover many of the foundation principles necessary to understand how nutrition works including:
- macronutrients (carbohydrates, fats and protein)
- micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) and water
- digestion, absorption and use in the body
- cellular level energy metabolic processes for using the macronutrients and converting to energy
- energy balance and body compositions
- popular diets and their effectiveness
- and information on healthy eating
At the end of the online nutrition workshop, participants should have an understanding of the importance and the roles of the various nutrients within the body and they should have a grasp on the concepts of energy metabolism online. Participants should also have gained the knowledge of problems with popular diets as well as the principles of healthy eating, and through this knowledge should be better equipped to give basic healthy eating advice to their own clients.